♥ Arab Mania ♥ makes your day sunny !

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mujadarrah my sohoor



Salam 3likom my sisters, how are u ? I guess u all guys have been busy in ibadat , a lot of dhikr and kitchen work . Wish for all to get out from this Ramadan cleaned from our sins and pray to God that will give us a chance in reaching the next Ramadan too inshalla.
I want to share with u the beautiful recipe i made it for my sohoor. Is it not heavy and contains little protein which is good for our body to go ahead all day long .
Well this recipe is it the saudi " Mujadarrah " but i have change it little bit by adding tuna sauce with tamarind and taking out the yoghurt which is in the original recipe.
But who likes youghurt can go for it ! I was tired of yoghurt , coz last week almost 70 % of our meals contained yoghurt in it :)

This is my " Mujadarrah "


INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups of red lentil- soaked in water
  • 1 cup of rice - soaked in water
  • 1 tablespoon of cumin
  • 3 big cubes of maggie
  • 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 4 of chopped garlic
  • little curry (optional )






THE TAMARIND SAUCE ( WHICH I HAVE ADDED) - OTIONAL

I soaked the tamarind in water about 1 hour, i strained it after that , i place it in mixer and i added cumin,black pepper, 2 tomatoes cubbed,salt and little bit of masala just for flavor.


TUNA - OPTIONAL :
I got a can of tuna, i added chopped onion, garlic, chilli , black pepper and i heated on a low fire just for 1-2 minutes.


RICE AND LENTILS PREPARATION:
I fried the onion till became brown. Then i added the garlic , rice , lentils,the other ingredients and water untill i covered the rice and lentils level.When the rice is well done ( u can tell that when both rice and lentil are totally mixed together and u can't differentiate between them), i added a piece of butter before beeing served.
On top or behind ( i prefered behind just as u see on the pic below ) i added the tuna and tamarind sauce.

That's it ! Enjoy it ;)


2 comments:

Skye said...

salaamz sis
this looks sooo yummy,i must try it out

Muslimah for Jannah said...

Yumm yummm I like this alot even tho i havent tried it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails